Position: Customer Engagement Manager (Independent Contractor)
Location: San Diego
Travel: up to 50 %
Hours: 10-20 hours per week, varies
What the position entails:
The Customer Engagement Manager (CEM) plays a critical role in ensuring the success of customer sales process definition workshops, as well as the ongoing implementation. The CEM is an integral part of the Workshop and post Workshop experience, working with our customers to understand how customers use their product/service, design a sales process definition presentation around their goals, present the sales process, coach the sales leaders during the workshops and follow up afterward to help them to meet their objectives.
The primary function of this role is to ensure the sales process presentation is successfully executed from pre-planning implementation through post workshop follow up. The ideal candidate will have a variety of skills combining project management with sales coaching. This person will work in close collaboration with our customer’s Sales and Marketing Management team to refine their sales process and develop a customized sales process program. This requires skills in understanding sales, sales coaching, strong communication and organization. They must have a good command of the sales process and be able to develop a complete power point sales process presentation for each workshop. An excellent facilitator and communicator, this person will be responsible for the successful creation of a sales process presentation for the main Facilitator, and then tasked to manage a sales coaching workshop with a high level of customer satisfaction.
This is an opportunity where he/she will establish themselves as a trusted partner to our prospective customers.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Engage with customers to develop a customized sales process definition presentation
- Create power point sales process definition presentations
- Accurately determine the project scope and related costs for engagements
- Plan the logistics of each workshop (materials needed, room set up, printing, etc.)
- Provide sales coaching to large and small groups of sales managers through impactful presentations.
- Manage the flow of the workshop by planning/setting up beforehand, handling logistics during the workshops and following up afterward.
- Coordinate the follow up after each workshop to maintain strong customer relationship
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Sales or sales coaching background
- BA Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum 5 years of sales or sales related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Executive level presence and experience in facilitation
- Project management and good organizational skills
- Self-starter mentality and ability to work in a small business, flexible environment
- Computer skills: PowerPoint, Salesforce, Word, Excel
- Attention to detail, follow-through and team work
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org