7 Core Concepts for Sales Success
Sales is a profession where so many variables come into play. The emotion of buyers and sellers, competing loyalties as to which is the “best” direction to go, and how to close the “big opportunity”. In his thematic song “Many Rivers to Cross”, Jimmy Cliff cites the trials and tribulations in life. How do we help sellers manage through this maze, and be consistent in orchestrating the outcomes?
We stick to The Core Concepts. Over the past 15 years, our customers and prospects have helped to validate the themes that they use to win. And we have consolidated this into the curriculum provided at our sales training sessions.
Have a look at the list we compiled here, and let us know your thoughts. Do you have any to add? Or would you edit what we embrace? Reply here to share.
- Differentiate yourself by the way that you sell
- Focus on the customer’s business objective, not on your product/service
- Diagnose before you prescribe
- You gain credibility from the insights you provide & the questions you ask, not from the information you present
- People are best convinced by reasons they themselves discover
- Only the customer can validate your progress in the sales cycle
- Never make a concession without asking for one in return