What is sales enablement & do you need it?
These are the questions that Brian Dietmeyer, the President and CEO of 5600blue and Think! Inc., and I answered in a podcast that he has posted over on his blog .
During the podcast, we aimed to answer the following:
- What is sales enablement? There are many different definitions from industry experts, so for the purposes of our podcast we agreed on one definition that we think best describes the function and how it should operate for success.
- Why is it happening? I believe, most people hearing the definition would say: “yes! I need that”. So why is it only in the last few years, that we are seeing this function gain traction?
- What are the core pillars for sales enablement success? Most experts reference three things or pillars and requirements for sales enablement to be successful. We pull back the onion on each of these pillars and why they are so important.
- Thoughts for those who are just starting to build a sales enablement function? How does a company bring a sales enablement practice into their organization?
- What are the benefits of sales enablement? And finally, we discuss the outcomes for an organization that invests in and successfully implements a sales enablement function.
What excites me the most about the emergence of the sales enablement function is that for many organizations it brings new cross-functional discipline to much of the work and programs Brian and I have been helping clients with for years. Whether you have built this function into your organization already or have never heard of sales enablement before, I encourage you to take a listen to the podcast where we share data, insights and our own experiences that I think you will find valuable.
You can listen to the podcast by clicking here to go to the 5600blue blog.